Founded in 2013, Arnergy is a high growth off-grid energy company based in Nigeria with ambition to expand to other emerging markets.
The business is scaling fast and is already among the leading players in this space. Arnergy is backed by a stellar group of investors
which includes Breakthrough Energy Ventures (https://www.b-t.energy/),EDFI ElectriFi (https://www.electrifi.eu/),
the EU’s energy impact fund, Norfund (Norway’s DFI) https://www.norfund.no/ and All On (Shell’s Nigeria impact fund)https://www.all-on.com/
Come join Arnergy’s management team and help improve distributed energy reliability to businesses and homes in Nigeria.
As our VP, Supply Chain, you will direct Arnergy’s overall supply chain operations, including procuring and inventory of materials, selection of vendors, and distribution of Arnergy’s materials and products.
Evaluates past performance data to forecast needs and demand planning.. Develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
As a key member of the management team, you will work with the Chief Operating Officer and contribute at a strategic level to Arnergy’s growth strategy and product development.
This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control
and financial costing, as necessary for JIT materials support to Arnergy operational process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent understanding of the utility industry, consumer-oriented Solid understanding of the renewable energy marketplace. Understands market dynamics as well as the legal and regulatory landscape.
- Broad understanding of sales operations, closing sales with HNIs and ability to meet sales targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications or equivalent. A Master's degree is a plus. Minimum 6+ years of work experience.
- Proven work experience as a sales manager or similar sales role.
- Good networks within the country marketing arena.
- Exposure to Direct and Indirect Sales.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective and integrated Brand Marketing Plans.
- Proven project and budget management experience.
- Knowledge of creating communication channels.
- Knowledge of in-market Activation.
- Knowledge and understanding of customers and shoppers (Insight).
- Knowledge of key channel/customer dynamics for a Category and Brand.
- Knowledge of Gross profit performance (what drives brand choice and category consumption).
- Understanding of the local market to predict market change and competitor scenarios.
- Knowledge of brand positioning and strategy.
- The tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets.
- Good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets.
- The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals.
- A professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
- Project management skills
- Partner with research to resolve knowledge gaps, connect information and uncover fresh insights into customer needs, wants, desires to create actionable opportunities.
- Partner with retail sales channels to understand shopper missions and how to win in- retail.
- Analysing the category to understand what drives brand choice and category consumption, identifying the root causes of market performance and barriers and triggers to growth and understanding financial performance to provide recommendations.
- Monitor key trend forecasts on how customers’, and shoppers’ worlds are evolving, and competitive activity to identify category value drivers.
- Develop Competitive Category Strategy through conducting strategic reviews and audits to understand the rules of the category, the key value drivers, segmentation and what it takes to win.
- Define activity plans required to build equity and fulfill the brand vision, and monitor performance to strengthen the mix.
- Develop brand awareness and ensure Top of mind of value proposition amongst different segments.
- Select appropriate communication channels based on consumption and consumer media behaviour (i.e. paid, owned & earned media).
- Create briefs to articulate how communication can influence consumer behaviour and improve sales.
- Develop a detailed Marketing - Brand Business plan.
- Develop relevant in - market Activation with rigour and scale. ( Reach & Lead Generation).
- Develop a local strategy for price and trade promotions using PM pricing strategy as a key input.
- Liaise with Sales to develop relevant channel strategy for each customer-facing channel that maximises sales and enhances competitiveness.
- Liaise with Sales to ensure effective Customer Sell-In of New Product Distribution and other initiatives.
- Liaise with Sales to drive Flawless visibility and implement tailored channel/retailer specific activity.
- Develop and implement communication plans in-market to meet local media, language and legal requirements Tracking Performance and Optimising Brand Equity, Plans & Mixes.
- Part of the cross-functional team through timely measurements of results against internal and external KPIs.
- Track in market Action and Execution with discipline.
- Diagnose issues and opportunities and make changes to the Brand plan through analysis of root causes of performance Budget Management.
- Develop annual budgets based on Operational and Financial targets.
- Monitor Brand Marketing Budget.
- Ensure a positive ROI on every marketing initiative based on set targets.
What we'll provide
- A globally competitive remuneration package, performance bonus,health insurance.
- A dynamic, innovative, enabling work environment that stimulate creativity.
- An opportunity to work with the brightest mind in the industry.
- A chance to be part of the team that will build Nigeria and Africa's future.
Note: In a situation where there are two qualified persons, a female or a candidate from a “minority” group will be chosen.