Founded in 2013, Arnergy is a high growth off-grid energy company based in Nigeria with ambition to expand to other emerging markets.
The business is scaling fast and is already among the leading players in this space. Arnergy is backed by a stellar group of investors
which includes Breakthrough Energy Ventures (https://www.b-t.energy/),EDFI ElectriFi (https://www.electrifi.eu/),
the EU’s energy impact fund, Norfund (Norway’s DFI) https://www.norfund.no/ and All On (Shell’s Nigeria impact fund) https://www.all-on.com/
Come join Arnergy’s management team and help improve distributed energy reliability to businesses and
homes in Nigeria. As the Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for monitoring and
reviewing the quality of all projects. As a key member of the Project team, you will work with the Project
Delivery Manager to ensure all projects deployed meets the defined standard and passes the quality
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent understanding of the utility industry, consumer-oriented. Solid understanding of the renewable energy marketplace.
- Experience in project management and HSE
- Bachelor’s or HND Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum 2+ years of work experience in solar power projects.
- A certification in Project Management will be an advantage.
- Work at Height Certification.
- Ability to communicate confidently and solve problems effectively.
- Environmental, Health and Safety compliant.
- Good multitasking skills with the ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- A strong customer-centric approach, a good communicator and a team player.
- Experience of successful delivery in a challenging environment.
- Proficiency with the use of AutoCAD.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to be decisive and make timely decisions.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Great management skills.
- Good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets.
- An excellent written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals.
- A professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients.
- Ability to convey and concretize thoughts, ideas, opinions aligned to the philosophy and brand of the organization.
- Reviewing and analyzing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents, providing timely feedback.
- Developing detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Carrying out sites assessment and energy audit for a solar power project.
- Prioritizing and plan all testing activities for projects.
- Developing accurate Bill of Quantity (BOQ) for a solar power project.
- Capturing and periodic implementation of improvement activities based on learnings and audit outcomes.
- Developing tests that are able to effectively analyze product components and yield helpful feedback to identify discrepancies, defects, and problems.
- Operating testing software and work with colleagues to create parameters and comparison data for improved accuracy.
- Collaborating with other departmental professionals to understand client requirements, government specifications, and company policies in regard to product development.
- Verifying that all product pieces and components are functioning as they should and in compliance with blueprints and carefully engineered design plans.
- Analyzing testing data to determine areas where a product can be improved or modified to better meet the needs of customers.
- Resolving problems in a way that honors the company’s integrity, benefits the consumer and creates a higher quality product in the end.
- Presenting report findings, suggestions and detailed data to executive management in an informative manner to help them make better decisions regarding a product’s function and purpose.
- Documenting all proceedings and tests and guarantee that classified information remains secure and confidential.
- Tracking and reporting quality-related issues/incidents.
- Monitoring the implementation of all projects, project assets, and warranty management.
- Reviewing vendor performance and develop a consequence management tool for managing performance.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Initiating and supervising corrective actions for identified snags.
- Doing everything else as assigned by your line managers.
What we'll provide
- A globally competitive remuneration package, performance bonus,health insurance.
- A dynamic, innovative, enabling work environment that stimulate creativity.
- An opportunity to work with the brightest mind in the industry.
- A chance to be part of the team that will build Nigeria and Africa's future.
Note: In a situation where there are two qualified persons, a female or a candidate from a “minority” group will be chosen.