Founded in 2013, Arnergy is a high growth off-grid energy company based in Nigeria with ambition to expand to other emerging markets.
The business is scaling fast and is already among the leading players in this space. Arnergy is backed by a stellar group of investors
which includes Breakthrough Energy Ventures (https://www.b-t.energy/),EDFI ElectriFi (https://www.electrifi.eu/),
the EU’s energy impact fund, Norfund (Norway’s DFI) https://www.norfund.no/ and All On (Shell’s Nigeria impact fund)https://www.all-on.com/
Come join Arnergy’s management team and help improve distributed energy reliability to businesses and homes in Nigeria.
As our VP, Supply Chain, you will direct Arnergy’s overall supply chain operations, including procuring and inventory of materials, selection of vendors, and distribution of Arnergy’s materials and products.
Evaluates past performance data to forecast needs and demand planning.. Develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
As a key member of the management team, you will work with the Chief Operating Officer and contribute at a strategic level to Arnergy’s growth strategy and product development.
This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control
and financial costing, as necessary for JIT materials support to Arnergy operational process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent understanding of the energy and power industry and also the commodity markets (local and international).
- Broad understanding of the entire supply chain process with key knowledge of the purchasing/procurement process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any numerical course. Minimum of 1-year experience in Procurement or in other relevant roles.
- An excellent communication skill, someone who can communicate fluently on the telephone.
- Great negotiation skills.
- Ability to be decisive and make timely decisions.
- Good networking skills.
- A keen eye for details.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Great management skills.
- Cost management skills.
- Strategic sourcing skills.
- Contract management skills.
- Good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills - required for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals.
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
- Result-oriented attitude.
- Receiving purchase requisitions with specifications from users.
- Sourcing for new suppliers, issue Requests for Proposals (RFP) /Request for Quotations (RFQ) to suppliers to compare competitive advantages.
- Preparing quotation analysis and negotiating price, payment, delivery and warranty terms to secure the best quality goods/services at the most competitive price.
- Ensuring all vendors are duly registered with registration documents submitted to Arnergy.
- Preparing purchase orders for vendors on the approved vendor list.
- Sending purchase order documents to suppliers and following up with delivery.
- Implementing a standard procurement process to promote efficiency and effectiveness in the organization’s process.
- Keeping proper documentation of purchase requisition, quotation analysis, and purchase order.
- Managing supplier relationships and ensuring quality products are purchased at competitive prices and delivered at the right time.
- Evaluating suppliers periodically to ensure suppliers adhere to contract agreement.
- Doing spot checks in the market or market survey to confirm prices.
- Keeping a proper record of inventory and liaise with warehouse officers to receive daily stock balance for inventory restocking.
- Maintaining a price book for all products and services.
- Improving purchase and delivery efficiency.
- Doing everything else as assigned by your line managers.
What we'll provide
- A globally competitive remuneration package, performance bonus,health insurance.
- A dynamic, innovative, enabling work environment that stimulate creativity.
- An opportunity to work with the brightest mind in the industry.
- A chance to be part of the team that will build Nigeria and Africa's future.
Note: In a situation where there are two qualified persons, a female or a candidate from a “minority” group will be chosen.