Founded in 2013, Arnergy is a high growth off-grid energy company based in Nigeria with ambition to expand to other emerging markets.
The business is scaling fast and is already among the leading players in this space. Arnergy is backed by a stellar group of investors
which includes Breakthrough Energy Ventures (https://www.b-t.energy/),EDFI ElectriFi (https://www.electrifi.eu/),
the EU’s energy impact fund, Norfund (Norway’s DFI) https://www.norfund.no/ and All On (Shell’s Nigeria impact fund)https://www.all-on.com/
Come join Arnergy’s management team and help improve distributed energy reliability to businesses and homes in Nigeria.
As our Software Engineer you will be responsible for the development of information systems by designing , developing and installing software solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 3-5+ years experience in the software engineering field.
- Hands-on experience working with cloud services: AWS/Azure/IBM or Google (especially AWS)
- Understand and work with micro-services and serverless architecture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to details.
- Hands On CI/CD experience
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
We’d also like to see
- A person with proven integrity – honest and truthful
- A person of passion and heart for social development work.
- A visionary
- Emotionally mature
- Has a positive outlook on life.
- Proactive and open-minded.
- Enthusiastic and a person of high energy and drive.
- A person of good judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- A person of influence - can convey and concretize thoughts, ideas and opinions aligned to the
philosophy and brand of the Foundation.
- BSc in Computer Science or a relevant field of study.
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Collaborate with other developers in building the mobile app and other applications required.
- Collaborate on the best possible form to deliver approved UI designs for implementation by other developers.
- Design and Develop mobile apps - Commercial and Inhouse Apps.
- Reviewing user interface & designs for improvements.
- Illustrates designs with flowcharts and sketches for design approval.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtaining and licensing software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending
purchases; testing and approving products.
- Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Providing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas and following the software development lifecycle.
- Do everything else assigned by Line Manager.
What we'll provide
- A globally competitive remuneration package, performance bonus,health insurance.
- A dynamic, innovative, enabling work environment that stimulate creativity.
- An opportunity to work with the brightest mind in the industry.
- A chance to be part of the team that will build Nigeria and Africa's future.
Note: In a situation where there are two qualified persons, a female or a candidate from a “minority” group will be chosen.