Founded in 2013, Arnergy is a high growth off-grid energy company based in Nigeria with ambition to expand to other emerging markets.
The business is scaling fast and is already among the leading players in this space. Arnergy is backed by a stellar group of investors
which includes Breakthrough Energy Ventures (https://www.b-t.energy/),EDFI ElectriFi (https://www.electrifi.eu/),
the EU’s energy impact fund, Norfund (Norway’s DFI) https://www.norfund.no/ and All On (Shell’s Nigeria impact fund)https://www.all-on.com/.
Come join Arnergy’s Supply Chain team and help improve distributed energy reliability to businesses and
homes in Nigeria. As our Manager, Supply Chain, you will be responsible for Arnergy’s supply chain
operations, including procuring and inventory of materials, selection of vendors, and distribution of
Arnergy’s materials and products. Evaluates past performance data to forecast needs and demand
planning. Develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to,
purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning, and
sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control, and financial costing, as necessary for JIT materials
support to Arnergy operational process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Industry/role specific: Excellent understanding of the utility industry, consumer-oriented
hardware product, and experience in evaluating and implementing renewable energy services to
customers. Solid understanding of the renewable energy marketplace. Understands market
dynamics as well as the legal and regulatory landscape.
- Function Specific: Good knowledge of P&L, Balance Sheet and ROI
- Management and Leadership: Ability to maintain a work environment and develop staff actions
and activities with a focus on the future along with a sense of urgency towards current business
activities that should align with the anticipated future business climate.
- Education and Experience: A university degree and MSc. or equivalent experience. 8+ years of
- Strong working knowledge of supply chain management principles, ERP, WMS, transport routing
software, and Lean implementation.
- Proven ability to lead and manage complex projects within timeline and budgetary constraints
across functional areas
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- You bring a problem-solving mindset to any challenging situation.
- Your ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Collaborative mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- You deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations
- You deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a high growth organization
- Your ability to communicate both in written and oral presentations
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials and products.
- Monitor forecast and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain
- Monitor external affairs or events affecting the supply chain and business operations.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors,
such as product cost, quality, and warranty claim.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas,
such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Negotiate contracts, prices, and terms including letter of credits, Bill for collection with suppliers,
vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Build and/or improve credit terms with vendors and /or export credit agencies.
- Proven track record of providing financial leadership and aligning business and finance strategy
to deliver profitable growth.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market
conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Develop and constantly update the approved vendor list (AVL) assessing performance and ability
to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, materials requirements planning,
inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions or new product
launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Implement transportation changes to reduce environmental impact.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to
identify new suppliers.
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position
responsibilities, or system flows.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move,
or store materials.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing and warranty fulfillment ability through on-site visits and
- Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
- Doing everything else as assigned by your line manager.
What we'll provide
- A globally competitive remuneration package, performance bonus,health insurance.
- A dynamic, innovative, enabling work environment that stimulate creativity.
- An opportunity to work with the brightest mind in the industry.
- A chance to be part of the team that will build Nigeria and Africa's future.
Note: In a situation where there are two qualified persons, a female or a candidate from a “minority” group will be chosen.