Founded in 2013, Arnergy is a high growth off-grid energy company based in Nigeria with the ambition to expand to other emerging markets. The business is scaling fast and is already among the leading players in this space. Arnergy is backed by a stellar group of investors which includes Breakthrough Energy Ventures (https://www.b-t.energy/), EDFI ElectriFi (https://www.electrifi.eu/), the EU’s energy impact fund, Norfund (Norway’s DFI) https://www.norfund.no/ and All On (Shell’s Nigeria impact fund) https://www.all-on.com/
Come join Arnergy’s Finance team and help improve distributed energy reliability to businesses and homes in Nigeria. As our Treasury and Credit Risk Specialist, you will work with the Chief Finance Officer to monitor, assess, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with Arnergy’s financial regulations.
The position will support the Finance team in managing banking relationships and treasury administration including liquidity management, risk assessment and timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An understanding and experience of treasury accounting including FX, liquidity, cash flow and various financial instruments
- 6 + years of experience in Treasury
- Sound understanding of accounting principles
- Strong skills for analyzing financial statements and ratios
- Strong understanding of financial markets, financial, debt and trade finance instruments
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of banking relationships and covenants
- Ability to work autonomously and be part of the broader team
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Excellent time management, task prioritizing and organisational ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- A team player with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple parties
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages
- Monitoring and managing the organisation's bank relationships and liquidity management
- Managing foreign currency exposure and foreign currency payments
- Analysing various scenarios and risks and reporting to senior management
- Forecasting of medium and long- term funding and hedging requirements (if applicable)
- Daily cash management (Preparing Cash position, Cash forecast, Investments)
- Managing the debt facility for Arnergy
- Interest rate risk management and development of risk mitigation strategies
- Foreign exchange risk management and development of foreign exchange risk mitigation strategies
- Preparing periodical management reports on budget utilisation and variances, reasons for variations and purpose preliminary recommendations for management review.
- Liaising with senior management across the organisation
- Supporting the month-end process and Financial Audits where necessary
- Facilitating the financial payment process
- Carrying out reconciliation of all bank accounts in order to ensure that all banking transactions are accurate and consistent with factual transactions as recorded in the book of accounts and variation are eliminated.
- Sound knowledge of Trade finance tools: Bills for collection, Letters of Credit e.t.c
- Accounts receivable management: Follow up on outstanding invoices, monitor overdue amounts
- Evaluate and analyze customer records, credit history, credit data and financial statements in order to determine creditworthiness and the degree of risk involved in extending credit and recommending payment plans
What we'll provide
- A globally competitive remuneration package, performance bonus,health insurance.
- A dynamic, innovative, enabling work environment that stimulate creativity.
- An opportunity to work with the brightest mind in the industry.
- A chance to be part of the team that will build Nigeria and Africa's future.
Note: In a situation where there are two qualified persons, a female or a candidate from a “minority” group will be chosen.