Founded in 2013, Arnergy is a high growth off-grid energy company based in Nigeria with the ambition to expand to other emerging markets. The business is scaling fast and is already among the leading players in this space. Arnergy is backed by a stellar group of investors which includes Breakthrough Energy Ventures (https://www.b-t.energy/), EDFI ElectriFi (https://www.electrifi.eu/), the EU’s energy impact fund, Norfund (Norway’s DFI) https://www.norfund.no/ and All On (Shell’s Nigeria impact fund) https://www.all-on.com/
Come join Arnergy’s Finance team and help improve distributed energy reliability to businesses and homes in Nigeria. As our Finance Manager, you will work with the Chief Finance Officer to ensure that all financial and operational processes run properly, in compliance with prevailing laws and rules.
The role will be responsible for general finance and operations activities, management reporting, banking activities, proper reporting and payment to all taxing authorities, insurance recommendations and related purchases and corporate documentation. You'll need a good head for figures and for dealing with complex modelling and analysis, as well as a sound grasp of financial systems and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller and managing a team
- 8+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- Audit Experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Good financial modelling skills
- Good communication, strong leadership qualities
- Compliance oriented, good interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel (Big data), strong presentation skills
- Excellent time management, task prioritizing and organisational ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Supervising and managing the Finance team, including but not limited to accountants and financial assistants
- Managing all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Setting up and monitoring internal controls and processes to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Analyzing financial data
- Being responsible for data integrity and ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Supporting month-end and year-end close process to publish timely monthly and annual financial statements
- Researching technical accounting issues for compliance
- Suggesting updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing for efficiencies and cost reduction across the business
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Managing and complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Managing the payment process
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Co-ordinating the audit process
- Being Pro-efficient in financial modelling
- Reporting to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assisting the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
What we'll provide
- A globally competitive remuneration package, performance bonus,health insurance.
- A dynamic, innovative, enabling work environment that stimulate creativity.
- An opportunity to work with the brightest mind in the industry.
- A chance to be part of the team that will build Nigeria and Africa's future.
Note: In a situation where there are two qualified persons, a female or a candidate from a “minority” group will be chosen.